The Business Problem
A $45B global pharmaceutical company wanted to implement a future-focused digital marketing strategy to engage customers in real-time with relevant content. They also needed to optimize the customer experience to improve business outcomes and maintain their market leadership in a volatile and unpredictable marketplace.
The leadership team at this company faced a number of significant challenges:
- Long digital campaign development and deployment cycle times
- Competing priorities across siloed delivery teams made collaboration less than optimal
- Delays in embracing mindset and cultural shifts hampered team success
- Unrealized return on investment in digital engagements
Addressing the Issues: New Mindset Adoption & Collaboration
- Provided strategic planning and advisory coaching for executives to best embrace and implement an Agile Mindset and Ways of Working.
- Designed and implemented a proof of concept for delivering agile Digital Engagement marketing campaigns.
- Guided the design of an Agile Center of Excellence with overall responsibility for a successful transformation of the Marketing Operations Team.
- Created Communities of Practice for Scrum Masters and Product Owners to foster increased collaboration across all practice areas.
- Provided pragmatic training and high- touch coaching for all associated team members in the adoption of an Agile Mindset, and Scrum and Kanban Principles and Frameworks.
- Supported rapid Scrum team formation, launch, and maturation.
Delivering Successful Outcomes
- Rapidly reduced the time to market and significantly increased the quality of digital engagement campaigns.
- Improved the effectiveness of messaging and marketing tactics by enabling test-and-learn cycles.
- Validated the proof-of-concept leading to leadership confidence and support for the broader adoption of Agile.
- Enabled a cultural transformation in addition to the business process changes.